ASKING AND GIVING SUGGESTION


Asking Suggestion  

  • Do you have any ideas for me?
  • Do you have any suggestions for me?
  • Do you have any advice for me?
  • Would you mind giving me your suggestion?
  • Can you tell me what I should do?
  • What should I do?


Giving Suggestion

  • You should + V1
  • You had better + V1
  • You ought to + V1
  • I advise you to + V1
  • I suggest you to + V1
  • I recommend you to + V1


Dialog 1

Anton   :  I have a serious problem today. I have just lost my driver license.
Shally  :  Don’t be so sad my friend! let us search it around the park.
Anton   :  I have looked for it for hours but I do not find it, do you have some ideas?
Shally :  You had better tell the securities to announce it to other students.
Anton   :  Yeah, that sounds good. I do hope it helps.

Dialog 2

Tami   : Hi Aufa, You look worried. What’s the matter?
Aufa  : Er.. it’s nothing.
Tami   : Is it the exam tomorrow? You shouldn’t worry. You’ll pass easily.
Aufa  : I know. 
Tami : Come on, tell me. What do you worry about?
Aufa  : OK… it’s Mark. I think he has started smoking. I was talking to him yesterday about this topic and he told me that he isn’t smoking.
Tami   : That’s serious. What are you going to do?
Aufa   : I’m not sure. I should tell someone. What do you think I should do?
Tami   : If I were you, I’d speak to his older sister. She’s really friendly.
Aufa  : I’ve never met her. Can you come with me?
Tami   : Yes, of course. Let’s go and find her!

Dialog 3

Aufa   : I have a serious problem today. I have just lost my wallet.
Tami   : Don’t be so sad my friend, let us search it around the park.
Aufa   : I have looked for it for hours but I do not find it, do you have some ideas?
Tami   : You had better tell the securities to announce it to other students.
Aufa   : Yeah, that sounds good. I do hope it helps.
Tami   : Let’s go!

Dialog 4

Tami   : Aufa, Do you have any idea about which one should I buy for him?
Aufa   : Mm..., I suggest you to buy something like a football team’s fan merchandise. Because a boy  usually loves football, right?
Tami   : That’s a good idea. Let’s search for it!
Which one is better? Red or Blue?
Aufa   : I think red should be better, but it’s up to you.
Tami   : I’ll take the red one, then. Thank you.

Post a Comment

0 Comments