EXPRESSING FUTURE INTENTIONS


An intention is a plan for the future that you have already thought about. The auxiliary verb going to is used in talking about intentions.

*        We're going to buy a new car next month.
*        I'm going to work in a bank when I leave school.
*        In the new year I'm going to stop eating so much junk.
*        He's not going to go to the dance. He's got too much work.
*        I'm not going to watch TV until my science project is finished.
*        Are you going to play basketball after school?
*        What are you going to have for lunch today?

Note:
going to is often used in the past tense to talk about an unfulfilled intention. Examples: I was going to study for my grammar test, but I had no time. / He was going to call you, but he couldn't find his mobile phone. / My grandmother was going to visit us, but she fell and broke her arm.


Post a Comment

0 Comments