INTRODUCTION


Self Introduction

Here are expressions to introduce yourself:
·         I am . . . (your name)
·         My name is . . . (your name)
·         I’m . . . (your name)
·         Let me introduce myself. I’m . . .
·         I’d like to introduce myself. I’m . . .
·         Let me introduce myself to you.
·         Allow me to introduce myself to you.

Introducing people:

·         May I introduce you to . . .?
·         Let me introduce you to . . .?
·         I’d like you to meet . . .
·         I don’t think you have met . . . , do you?
·         You haven’t met . . . , have you?
·         Have you met. . . ?
·         Do you know . . . ?
·         This is . . .

Responding to introductions:
·         (It’s) nice to meet you.
·         Nice meeting you.
·         (I’m) pleased to meet you.
·         Happy to meet you.
·         Glad to know you.
·         How do you do?
·         It’s an honor to know you.
·         It’s my pleasure to have acquaintance with you.

Examples:
Hello, my name is Ahmad Habibi. I live in Kuningan but I was born in Bekasi on May 20, 2010. I study at Husnul Khotimah Islamic Junior High School. I study here because . . .

Hi, let me introduce myself. My name is Yusuf. I was born on 17th of October 2001 in Cirebon. I’m sixteen years old. I am from Husnul Khotimah Islamic Junior High School. I like to study here because . . .

Good Morning, please allow me to introduce myself. I am Aisyah. I was born in Yogyakarta on July 26, 2010. Now I live in this city, therefore I study at Husnul Khotimah Islamic Junior High School.

PRACTICE:
1.      Write two short conversations! One is formal, the other one is informal. The speakers greet and introduce themselves to each other. They exchange a few words and then take leave of one another. Try to use different expressions in each conversation!
2.      Write a long conversation in which person A meets B who introduces A to C. Try to use different expressions in each one!

Post a Comment

0 Comments